18 February 2010

Swirls and Flourishes.

I had fun playing with my rubber stamps on this card, though. The middle section (rectangle) was masked and brayered over a Versamarked flower stamp from Scrappy Cat with a Marvy La Plume matchables inkpad, 'Shades of Rose'. I used glossy card for this. I then removed the mask and overstamped the flowers with the same ink making sure I placed the new flower slightly away from the Versamarked flower to create a shadow effect. I stamped the corners with a HOTP swirl stamp in the same ink and then shadowed the edges with cut and dry foam. I overstamped over these with another swirl stamp and embossed it in gold. I mounted it on gold mirror card, stamped a greeting, added some Brenda Pinnick backing paper and Martha Stewart punched butterflies. I had fun making this one and didn't want to send it but I had to!! Do you find parting with your cards hard? It's worse when you remember you forgot to photograph it!! lol

d the mask

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Sue - I love all the stamping!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty & creative Sue! I can see why you didn't want to part with it.
    Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what beautiful cards and fab work.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for commenting on my blog. Hope you enjoyed being here.
xxsue