24 July 2009

My First Library Display Ever!!

This is the display I made for the last summer half term for our school library noticeboard. It's not a very big board, it's covered with blue hessian stuff and it's in an awkward place!! Saying that this is what I came up with. The letter stencils we have are different sizes so that didn't help much either!! I made the picture as a collage, copying but changing it slightly, the painting 'A Bigger Splash' by David Hockney. I added a person diving into the water (my white Sakura pen came in handy!). I had to hunt around the library for summer related books but only had a table to put them on. Hopefully if I get a real chance in the library I'll be able to get some decent display shelves. Not sure how likely this will be as I'm still not clear about how much of a role I've got as library assistant.

Watch this space!

1 comment:

Many thanks for commenting on my blog. Hope you enjoyed being here.
xxsue